So I came up with the coolest idea...or so I thought it was the coolest idea. I found this great stained glass software. You can digitally design your panels and resize it and color it with actual glass so you can see the finished product before you even start. You can even take a picture of where the panel will go, then you can put the pattern on top of the panel so you can see what it will look like installed and what you can see through the panel. Anyway, this sounded great, but what would make it better would to have it be able to also cut out the pattern instead of just printing it and leaving me to cut it up.
I have a Cricut, so I looked up and down and really tried to figure out how to get this program to "print" to the Cricut. It's just that you can't print/cut to the cricut from just any computer program. While Cricut has the design studio....I have a hard time calling it the design studio. You can't add your own straight lines or curvy lines, the shapes you can use are all predetermined. Sure you can skew them, enlarge them, flip them, or weld them, but you can't create them from scratch. This is what I would call a design studio.
So I emailed the stained glass software company last week to see if they would partner up with Cricut, because I can't be the only stained glass person that hates cutting out the patterns. I sure hope that they respond. If not, perhaps I will need to contact Cricut to see if they will allow this.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment