So I went to the last class for this session on Wednesday. My n
ormal class is on Tuesdays, but I will not be able to get to this Tuesday's class so I moved it up to this week. We were to make a double decker cake. (Making the cake is actually another story for another day). So as I drove to class Wednesday I tried to think of what I wanted to do. I had wanted to make a cake with a bunch of the fondant roses, but didn't think I would have the time. So I decided to make a mermaid cake. It was fun to do it. Here a couple of shots of the first layer. All the "rocks" are really colored fondant. Also, do you like the dolphin? That one was easy to make it was actually fondant pressed into a soap mold. I did that for the seashells on the bottom layer of the
cake. The pink stuff is supposed to be coral. However, after three hours of decorating, I was tired and wanted to be done. I wanted to use one of my pretty flowers, and I tucked that into the rocks. I know it didn't belong, but I was proud of my pretty roses. That mermaid sure needs her bangs cut!! I am proud of the school of gold fish that I made. I aslo think the seashells were pretty, but they were very easy. I just marbled some fondant and put it into a soap mold. This cake was fun to make. From the pictures you may not be able to see that I marblized the blue fondant with some green to try to give it a sea look, the top layer shows it better than the bottom layer. Anyway, everyone at work really loved it. It was carrot cake again. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You've got an amazing talent!!!
How's everything going??? Haven't heard from you in a while and just wondering.
Post a Comment