Wednesday, August 6, 2008

One of those days!!

So yesterday I had one of those days. It started even before I cracked open my eyes. I vaguely remember as I was trying to wake up that my eyes weren't feeling quite right. Finally when I really woke up I realized I had a problem. I thought I probably had pink eye. Then I got to thinking of the things that I needed to accomplish at work and realized there was NO way I could not go into work. There were things that had to be done, and we were already two people short because they went to SLC for some training.

So when I was able to crack open my eyes, I looked at the alarm clock. It wasn't even time to get up yet....what was I thinking? So I got up and realized I had forgot to take my contacts out and that I didn't have pink eye, it was just irritated from the contacts. Phew!

Before I was to go to work, there were a few chores to do around the house. I figured that since I was up a bit early then I should be able to accomplish them all. Nope...didn't even come close, plus I was late for work. As I got into my car, the button on one of my back pockets got caught on something and broke in half. This had happened to my other pair of pants, and I think that they just had cheap buttons.

I get to work and I knew that I had the almond board reports due by 5. I also had an accounts payable check run that I needed to approve by 12. Besides that, I had accounts receivable invoices that I needed to approve before the accounts payable check run because there were some credits I needed to give back to customers. Before I could do that, I had some things I needed to check on for a couple of the shipments that I needed to invoice.

In the meantime, we had sold three 4-wheelers in April to a local farm. I had, had some issues with the DMV for them last week. However, it turns out that when we sold them, I had been given misinformation and the wrong VIN numbers. So they showed up with the ATV's to get the proper paperwork. I couldn't give them the proper paperwork because we had given the paperwork to someone else that we thought we sold those VIN's to. While I am trying to figure this out, my boss comes up and tells me that it has been requested that I go to Chico in two weeks to train some of the workers there. That was fine and I told him sure that was fine. I don't think that I even looked up from what I was doing. I did explain to him that I was in the middle of something that there were people up front waiting for me to finish. During the midst of trying to clean that up and figure out what we were going to do, a stake came to drop off there handcarts and wanted their deposit check returned. The poor missionary that came up to me to ask me for the check, I just didn't have time to go looking for a deposit check. I had a mess to clean up. I told him that I would deal with it in a few minutes after I finished the VIN mess up. Then I had to ask a co-worker to come translate because I didn't speak good enough Spanish. At that moment, another co-worker needed him to translate for something else. However, I looked at her (and she is new) and told her, "No, I need him right now!" Since I am queen of the office, I trump, right?

So the VIN got as cleaned up as possible as of now. Then I couldn't find the deposit check, but it turns out that they never gave us one.

Then I sat down at my desk to work on the accounts receivable invoices, and heard a rip. My zipper seam was coming undone. I didn't have time to run home and get a new pair of pants. I couldn't believe it. Now I had a hole. Since I was wearing two shirts I thought that if I un-tucked the first one then it would cover it. It kind of did. So I decided it would have to do. I wouldn't get up from my desk and then if I had to, I would just hold a file or something in front of me. However that didn't work out so well either. At one point, I sat down again and heard the rip again. This time the whole zipper was done for. I thought my shirt did an okay job hiding it, however, when I stood up when my boss was talking to me, I know he must have thought my zipper was undone. He totally looked and so I know that the shirt didn't do a good enough job. No one had a safety pin or a needle. I had dental floss, and that would work only if I had a needle. I knew tape wouldn't work, but then I remembered that I had a stapler. So in case of emergencies, FYI-staple will work for a needle and thread....wish I had realized that in the first place instead of flashing my boss. What can I say...all in a days work.

Then I had about three different people in the afternoon asking me for help on something that needed to be done. I couldn't say no.

With all that needed to be done at work, I still had to leave by 5:30 because I had class in Bakersfield at 6:30, and I had to get my supplies ready to take to class.

I was able to run 2.89 miles, which is .15 more than I had ever achieved in the same time frame. The accounts receivable invoices got released in time, and the accounts payable checks were done on time as well. The almond board reports were completed by 5:30 and then I was able to go home. Life goes on. Crisis averted. :-) So it must have been a good day!

No comments: