Sunday, April 12, 2009

Co-Workers 40th!!

So a couple of weeks ago my co-worker turned 40. He had the unfortunate luck to have a brother that also worked for the company, however, the brother lives in Washington. The brother was "nice" enough to let Lorin, my boss, know that Lynn was turning 40. Lorin asked if we wanted to do something to Lynn for his 40th. Lynn is a good sport and is a bit of a jokester, so he was the perfect "victim."

I enlisted help from almost everyone in the office. We were all to wear black shirts on that Friday. One of the girls made extra large business cards, another made an instruction book for living past 40. This included coupons for denture cleaners and where to buy a scooter.

After Lynn left work on Thursday, I had a co-worker bring in some dirt. This may not have been the smartest idea. It sounded good. We put a tarp down on the carpet and we were going to mound the dirt to and put a Halloween tombstone on it. One thing I forgot was that the dirt here isn't really dirt as much as it is powder. So once I dumped a 50 lb box, it just poofed up and I was chewing dirt. Since I was a bit committed at this point, I dumped another box. That is when the bugs started to come out. Yuck!!! Well, he just got an extra special treat. Then I told one of the guys that we were going to need to fumigate the office that weekend.

Just then, a couple of guys looked into the office and said something about a reference to the show The Office and something about Dwight's furniture moved. Then they had an idea to move Lynn's office to the men's restroom. That was a bit funny.


Once the furniture was moved I blew up about 300 balloons. The idea was to fill his office up with balloons. However, I didn't realize how many balloons would be needed to fill up the office. Anyway, there were no more black or white balloons left in Wasco and I was tired, so I left it at that.

I also made a chocolate cake with chocolate icing of a graveyard. And for all of those who can't tell, those are palm trees. :-)

He was a good sport and thought it was funny. Now I guess I am just waiting for the "what-goes-around-comes-around."

By the way, this was only a few days before Tami's 40th, and so I was really doing it for her. Happy Birthday Tami.

You can see how much fun we have at work. He is trying to catch butterflies in the office. :-)

No comments: