Today I brought my stained glass panel to church (I left it in my trunk...I didn't take it inside). I had told a few of my friends I was done and they wanted to see it. So after church was over I told them if they wanted to see it, they could come out to my car. Well, one of them announced to the whole RS that if they wanted to see my stained glass then they need to follow us outside. So the branch presidents wife came out as well as the first counselor's wife came out. Of course they loved it, and then it seemed that the first counselor wanted to commission me to do a one for her. I kind of joked it off, but she wanted a window of when Mary saw Jesus on the morning of the Resurrection. She brought me back into the RS room and showed me the picture she was talking about and explained the colors and things. It told her I am not that good yet. Plus I wouldn't be able to do the details on the face, hands, feet, and hair. She kept going on. In the end, I told her that I am not saying I won't do it, but rather, I wasn't sure if I could. I would have to make a pattern up to see if I would be able to do this or not. Scary...
I can't draw, so to come up with the pattern for this.....Yikes.
I know that there are ways to get details painted onto glass, but I since I can't draw or paint, I can't imagine that I would be able to get a good depiction of Christ or of Mary.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Good Luck with that!
laura--you could not include detail--think of the Willow Nativity that we gave Mom and dad for x-mas--sometimes the simpler the neater it might look---Good Luck anyways!
Post a Comment