Still working on getting them to work. I am trying to backup my files, and that is a bit frustrating. I have to back them up on CD's since I can't use a flashdrive, or an external hard drive. So I have been putting disks in since Monday night. Only this morning when I put in the 9th disk, it told me the backup failed. I was about 2/3 through. I was upset. So know I have rethought how I want to do this. It seems I want my pictures, some of my word documents and a couple of songs I have downloaded. The rest of the stuff can disappear.
So now I am in the process of backing up the files I want and then I will try to restore my computer to the original software. The Geek Squad said that this may work. If it didn't I needed to take this as a sign my motherboard is dying. I find this hard to believe because at the same time the four ports failed I gained another software issue. A tiny issue, but another sympton all the same. So now I will be backing stuff up. The rate I am going, I hope to have my computer back up and running and healthy before the weekend is over. yeah.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Good Luck!!!
Post a Comment