Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Contacts

I have had contacts before, but decided that should get some more. I have been meaning to do this for a while, but just hadn't got around to it. Last Thursday, I went in for an eye appointment and got a trial pair. First, I am happy to say that the prescription didn't change much in the 5 years since my last exam. My eyes had been changing by a 1/2 step every two years, so this made me happy.

The Dr. said that I should look into Lasik. I told him there was a side-effect I wasn't sure that I could handle, and so I haven't done it yet. He understood, but tried again to convince me by saying the lasers have become more advanced, and that with my eyes, I would be a good candidate.

He also mentioned that I have flat eyeballs. What? It's one of those things I didn't know, or hadn't thought of, and can't believe he would tell me that. I guess that it is better than bug eyes.

This reminds me of a dentist I had that commented that I had short teeth. Again, What? They look normal to me.

Crazy doctors and their ideas of normalcy.

No comments: