Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Phil

So I have changed how I have been feeding my cats. In the past, I left them a big bowl to eat from and when they were finished I would give them a new bowl. However, Sam is getting fat, and I am not talking PHAT. So I have switched back to giving them the 1 1/2 cups of dry food a day to eat. However, this is not really working out so well for me. This morning I woke up about 4 am because I heard a noise and couldn't figure out what it was. When I finally got up, I realized it was because Phil was eating the leafy greens at the top of the pineapple on the counter and had knocked it off and it fell to its death on the floor.

Then around 5:30, Phil was trying to knock me out of bed. He kept head butting me. Just as I would lift the arm he was trying to get under, it would give him more leverage and he would push harder. I couldn't really figure out what he was trying to do until I got up this morning and realized they were out of food. For the past week or so, Phil has been head butting me in the morning, and I am now realizing that it is because he is hungry. It seems that Sam the fat cat has been eating all the food, and then Phil is going hungry in the morning. Phil is the skinny cat, and so he doesn't need to lose any weight. However, I guess that he will just have to push Sam out of the food dish when Phil gets hungry. :-)

No comments: