Monday, May 26, 2008
eBay Strikes Again!!
So I have mentioned a few times that I have an eBay habit. Quite frankly, it can be pretty bad. For some reason I went onto eBay on Friday night to look for something to help me make a wedding cake in a few weeks. I never did find it on eBay, however, I found plenty of other things. Before I realized what had happened, I had bid on enough things that if I had one, it would have been a whole checks' worth of cake things. I can't believe that I had done it. I resolved that if I was outbid on the items that I wouldn't go back and rebid on them. So far, so good. I have lost three of the eight auctions. Still there are five more to go. Even though it would be nice to win the auctions, I do not really need the stuff, nor should I be spending so much money on cake supplies. It isn't like I really do cake decorating for a living. The really funny thing is that when I go online to make small purchases, it can take me a couple of days of doing research on the product as well as making sure that I get the best deal before I would buy it. However, when it comes to eBay, within a couple of hours, I can bid on several hundred dollars worth of things and not do any research on the stuff. There was one stained glass book that I looked at online for about a year before I purchased it. I kept thinking that I wasn't sure if it was worth the $30. When I finally broke down and bought it, I loved it. So why do I have a hard time buying a $30 book, but I can plunk down several hundred dollars on cake pans or other supplies that I may or may not ever use??
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment