Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Cake Decorating II

So I have started a cake decorating class. I am a bit more excited to start the next class. This is because the accountant in me really likes the price of the second class. It will be only $7.50. So this will be great. I got into this class when it was 1/2 off. So I only paid $21.00 for this one, and apparently they are running a better special for the July classes. On top of that, I get a $10 coupon if I take the next class back-to-back with the current one I am in. Plus, I get to get a copy of the current weeks coupons to the Michael's store. This next week, I can take 50% off one item. Now I just have to find the ONE item I want to take the 50% off of.

One thing about this class that I wasn't expecting was that I would have to make a cake every week. I am not sure why I didn't think that would be expected. I think I thought that since it was a 4 week class, we would just be making flowers the whole time, and possibly make one cake on the last day. However, nope. I am expected to make a cake every week and two batches of icing. Here I am trying to lose weight, and then I go and sign up for a class that will have sugar in front of me. Gurrrr!

So the instructor wants us to bring in our cakes while they are frozen. I live over a 1/2 hour away. How in the world, in 100 degree heat, will I be able to do that. I already have a cooler in my car so I can put my cold stuff in their when I go shopping. However, it isn't cold enough to keep a cake frozen. Anyway, the crazier question is when am I going to bake these cakes. I have a saying that I don't turn my oven on between June and September. It is way too hot here to be baking. I guess I will just have to suck it up and bake. Perhaps I should bake three whole layered cakes at once and put them in the freezer. This way I will only have to heat up my house the one day.

So what I was thinking was that I am going to have to find a boy or boyz that will take a cake a week off my hands. :-) Perhaps I can figure out where the missionaries live and drop a cake off to them once in a while. The class ends at 8:30, and it is basically right across the highway from where they live (or where they used to live a couple of years ago). This would be an easy thing to do.

Well enough griping and complaining. It is past my bedtime. :-)

No comments: