This month is a bit stressful so far. Work has been one thing after another, and I know it is only 11 days in. However, I am not sure how much more I can take before I need to take a mental health day.
I say that, but that will actually never happen.
On Wednesday, my alarm went off at 5:00 am like normal. I get up that early because I have high hopes of actually getting up and running. Most mornings, that doesn't happen, but I still have the alarm set so I will keep trying. Anyway, I had stayed up too late on Tuesday, so I decided to reset my alarm so I would wake up around 6:30. I should never do this when I am half asleep because I actually just changed the time on my clock, and didn't really change the alarm.
Around 7:30, I rolled over and thought that it was sure light outside for 6:30. So I looked at the clock and it said that it was 9:00. I bolted out of bed and the idea fleeted across my mind that I should just call in sick. I had been thinking of this since January, but I just can't seem to do it. I can pretty much only take Monday, Wednesday, or Friday off because of commitments on the other days. However, every time I thought I would take the day off, I would remember that I had something happening that day, or I was really swamped and I couldn't take off.
This Wednesday was a bit different. I didn't have anything that wouldn't wait one day to get done. When I realized it was only 7:30, and I could actually call in sick, I realized I had been fooling myself for months. I never would call in sick if I wasn't actually sick. So all of these months, I kept just telling myself I would, but I was too busy to call in sick. Truth is, I won't call in sick even when I am sick. I will go to work to get things done and taken care of, then leave early. When I say early, it is like an hour or so.
Thanks Mom and Dad for instilling such a good work ethic in me. I just don't want to stay home and wash walls when I could go to work. :-)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oldies, but Goodies
-
▼
2008
(88)
-
▼
July
(17)
- Pretty Cake
- Stupid DMV!
- RS Lesson
- So, tomorrow I get to teach on President Uctdorf's...
- To Beach, or not to Beach??
- Pansies, Daffodils, and Roses, OH MY!
- Sunday School
- Another Field Trip
- Field Trip
- Lazy, Lazy Laura
- 13 down, 17 more to go!!
- Powdered Sugar!!
- Crazy, Crazy Day
- Oh, by the way, it is already staring to heat up. ...
- What was I thinking??
- Sunday School
- Got Air Conditioning?
-
▼
July
(17)
1 comment:
Tom is the same way!! Good Luck on your cakes next week, I'm sure what ever you do, you will do a great job!
Post a Comment