Thursday, July 24, 2008

Sunday School

So last week I was able to teach another Sunday School lesson. We are meeting in the chapel, and I hate trying to get every one's attention so we can start. I hate trying to talk loud so people can hear me because I don't think shouting in the chapel is appropriate.

A couple of weeks ago when I tried to start, someone "shushed" everyone, and within seconds it quieted down. So I first said quite loudly that it was time to start. Only the people on the first three rows heard me and turned around towards me. However, no one else did, so I remembered the "shushing" and tried it. Within a second or two, the noise level dropped so I could speak, and then about 20 people scurried out of the room because they weren't going to stay.

Other than that, I had a great lesson. I was able to teach about the anti-Christ-Korihor, and what happened to him. I have to say that I like teaching out of Alma. It is a good book. There are plenty of good stories in there.

So when we went into RS, I said to the person next to me that I think I got out of teaching RS for July as well. We have one too many teachers in RS, and I hadn't been asked to teach yet. Later at Linger Longer, the RS President came up and asked if I would teach this next Sunday. She didn't have the lesson, and would get it to me later. Of course I will teach. However, that same lady was sitting next to me and said that I didn't get out of it this month.

I thought I had a good chance. I taught the Enrichment, and two Sunday School lessons and so I thought they would have pity on me. Oh well, it is a lesson that I probably need.

No comments: